Senior Backend Engineer
Gaia Interactive was founded in 2004 as one of the first avatar based virtual world community. We are a creatively driven company whose goal is to create new and meaningful ways to engage and entertain our audience.
Gaia Interactive is building a new product which allows mass audience to hang out in a virtual space to chat, share media, and play games. We’re looking for a highly experienced Backend Engineer/System Architect who is excited to design and build complex backend systems.
The position will involve architecting and building scalable, event-driven system for supporting a virtual world and community.
- Design and lead a band new architecture for our upcoming project
- Optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Communicate architecture goals to development teams and executive leadership
- Train and mentor engineers in understanding current architecture design and management
- Lead the coordination, prioritization, and evangelizing of the technical work
- Candidate should have B.S. or advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience building complex, enterprise scale back-end or full-stack web applications
- Demonstrated experience implementing large-scale architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire and ability to mentor other team members
- Experience building RESTful APIs and services
- Demonstrable history of staying abreast of evolving technologies
- Competitive compensation package includes excellent medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life and disability benefits as well as a 401k and vacation & sick time.