Mobile Game Designer
Founded in 2003, Gaia Online has grown into one of the biggest forum communities in the world. Today, Gaia is the best place on the web to discuss anime, games, comics, sci-fi, fantasy and anything else you can imagine. Gaia is searching for a Game Designer to work on new innovative and exciting games. Your day-to-day work as a Game Designer will be fast paced, and always adapting as you collaborate with cross functional teams to create fun and interesting mobile games.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to design fun and interesting mobile and free-to-play games.
- Create and maintain game documentation.
- Design, evolve, test and iterate the design with team members.
- Stay current with industry trends and learn from the successes and failures of other games.
- Effectively communicate your design visions and solutions to leadership and the team.
- 1+ years’ experience in similar virtual good, gaming or mobile app company.
- Bachelor’s degree or professional work experience in Game Design or Game Engineering.
- Experience designing projects ranging from simple to complex.
- Experience scoping projects to meet stakeholder requirements and deadline.
- Ability to properly document and organize the game design workflow from initial concept to final release and post-release support.
- Experience in Unity or engines similar to Unity.
- Experience collaborating with creatives from different backgrounds.
- Experience in mobile and free-to-play games.
- Experience with all aspects of game design disciplines: concept, level progression, combat, interface, monetization, and playability testing.
- Ability to creatively guide a game throughout its design workflow.
- Strong interpersonal skills and outstanding communication skills with willingness to work in a team setting.
- Multitasker with the drive to participate in multiple projects at one given time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following: Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
- Works in an office setting and on a computer on a regular basis.